Roasted Beetroot and Yoghurt Dip
What you need:
- 300g fresh beetroot, scrubbed and quartered
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 garlic clove
- 1tsp cumin, ground
- 1tsp coriander, ground
- 150g natural yoghurt
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Oven, Food processor
How to do it:
- Turn the oven on at 180 degrees C.
- Drizzle the beetroot with olive oil and put in the oven for approx 20-30 mins, it will depend on how big the beetroots are. (No need to peel, as it will be easier to peel when they come out of the oven.
- In the last 10 min or so put the garlic in the oven.
- Place the cooled peeled beetroot and garlic into the food processor with the remaining
ingredients and process until a uniform consistency. For a smoother consistency, process a little longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste